Friday 30 September 2016

Trees

They fascinate me. I paint them on canvas or complete them in charcoal.

The branches look so seductive. The shades of brown, light and deep brown...
Leaves in light and yellow greens dance merrily displaying ample sunshine.
Flowers in huge bunches..in yellows and whites and deep reds, tempting my fingers no end.

There's one  lunging at me near my balcony. A mango tree. Delicious raw green mangoes hanging in clusters make my mouth water. Time to make some of those
 pickles,  panna laced with chat masala or even that fabulous, gooey murabba.

Summer's in full swing. A variety of small, big, coloured birds sing. Perched high on the topmost branch, perfectly balanced, they sing a sombre, summer song. One bird goes 'ahhh...ahhhhhh' in the afternoons. As if in real, real pain. Crows do a caw caw endlessly. A gun shot somewhere..and cawcawcaws multiply a thousand times.

The tree is embroiled in deep mystery. How does it survive with no water? How does it remain strong unswayed by stormy winds? Does it really cry when it's cut away..sap oozing out?

Trees embody strength and courage in terrible adversity.
They mystify me..
captivate me..
motivate me..
and elevate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment