Wednesday 11 June 2014

On Indiblogger road...

I began blogging in 2010. I penned down some memories after our very first school reunion. Simply because my sons prodded me to. So  I wrote about our kerala trip on my blogsite, 'My thoughts'..and loved the attention it received from my family. The reunion memoir connected me with my former, now greying classmates. Soon facebook happened and my interest in writing diminished, and eventually I stopped writing altogether till 2012, when I happened to log into a blogging site. I began and never looked back since( till last month. )I wrote around six hundred articles...and loved every moment of it. But my pals there left and new just-out-of-school kiddos joined the site. I began feeling left out. I had to leave, though it was tough. We were like family.

Scrolling down the net, I saw Indiblogger. Glancing through a few stories, I felt satisfied. I had arrived. I needed variety and boy! Did we have it here? Plenty!
The topics ranged from fashion to travel, cookery to technology, kids' stories to science fiction. Outstanding!
So I logged in. Having been turned down by another site a few day's ago, I wasn't sure I would be taken in.
Thank God, they didn't kick me out. I do look like an Indian, thankfully.

I sent in my blogs (beginning with two/three at a time...) , but I soon realized one post per day is a safe bet. The reason being-very few bloggers are privileged homemakers like me..and just cannot read all my posts in a single day!

I liked the networking of folk here, friends are made so easily. No jealousy/insecurity seen in anyone. Nice encouraging comments appear on posts, thankfully. I loved every write up I have read so far. I realized I have still miles to go before I can ever catch up with any of the folk here. Authors are experts in their various fields, no controversial topics are chosen, each one remains within his respective limits. Some bloggers seem to be around my age, I observed gleefully.

But I was a tad disappointed. I would like to see a lot more humor in the writings out here, sometimes one does come out with a sprinkling here and there, but could we have a blog simply dedicated to humor? Is laughing a crime?
I do want to begin my day laughing.
One more thing I noticed was a dearth of easy poetry. Simple,heartfelt lines. Some of them are so deep, I can't get head or tail of it.
Indibloggers love get togethers, I noticed. Something so rare on other sites.

So far so good. I just started my journey on Indiblogger road, but am enjoying it immensely!

6 comments:

  1. all the best with the journey always .. and i hope indiblogger are listening

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Blogging created space to share thoughts and interact with like minded people. I started blogging in 2008 but stopped in between. After a gap again started from 2011.

    It happened to visit your blog today, enjoyed reading your posts. Keep going...

    Being a first follower in this blog :)

    Invite you to visit my blog and leave your comment, appreciate if you follow my page too...

    ReplyDelete