Friday 6 May 2016

Morning walk



Wow.
I really enjoyed my walk this morning. I normally walk in the evenings, but as I opened my balcony door this morning, I saw a young girl running around the building.

That prodded me on. I changed and as the heavy aroma of my hubby's famous simmering ginger tea filled the house, I rushed downstairs, armed with my mobile and earphones. I began walking. The air was scented with Jasmine. It was fresh and cool, the heat of the day had not yet set in.
The nightshift watchmen changed clothes, changed guard. They looked different in civilian clothes. A middle-aged couple walked in my direction. They seemed to have done many rounds already. The young girl in the tracksuit seemed to have disappeared.

An elderly looking bespectacled man in a dark T-shirt and shorts walked briskly toward me. I changed course, gave him right of way.
He writes very well. He must be gathering ideas for the the day, I surmised. My phone conked off suddenly. Irritatedly I fidgeted with it, till it started again. This on off game continued for quite some time, till I finally gave up.

The couple had called it a day. He pulled down the overhanging Jasmine shrub, as the wife filled the tiny plastic bag with these white flowers. She kept looking over her shoulder at the fellow washing the car around the corner. Or was she afraid someone would catch them at it?

Some more rounds around the building, and I was done. It was the freshest feeling I have had in a long time.
I had worked up an apetite.
Time for my tea.
 I'm doing this every morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment