Sunday 8 May 2016

Sky is high



'Hey,  just say 'why', my friend interrupted me.
'Why'.
'Because the sky is high', she laughed gleefully and ran away.
One more Bakra.
We often did this silly thing when we were small kids.

I was often in the habit of asking God, 'Why?'
Why did that young lady I briefly saw in the hospital cry? Why did my friend lose her hubby in an accident? Why?
Why did this wonderful Ma'am die all of a sudden? She used to teach so well.
 Why did this humble man of God, so close to us, have to leave this world .. so young?

As I pondered over these questions, it suddenly dawned on me, 'Because the sky is high.'

It was like He was telling me, "My thoughts are not your thoughts..neither are your ways my ways. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.…"

There are things happening around me and  in my life I would never understand...
with my finite mind. So instead of asking questions, I must leave the answers with Him.
It's too high for me.
I would know the answers when I meet Him one day.

So now I don't ask 'why'...
because I know the sky's high.

No comments:

Post a Comment