Friday 20 May 2016

The good looker

I was heavily into fb those days, trying to reconnect with my old classmates, just after a long awaited reunion. When one day, this lone, red friend request button signaled my immediate attention.
Clicking on it, I found a very good looking young man vying to be my friend.
At least I thought so.
He looked sideways in the picture, with a half smile that lit up his chiseled features.

I accepted without hesitation. Going through his profile, I found him to be a popular guy. He had lots of friends.

Wow. Nice to have a friend like him.
He had an attractive personality.
I feel quite drawn to him.

One day finding him online, I decided albeit warily to have a little chat. I learned he was an ayurvedic doctor based in Kerala. At least something in common with him, I thought, being a mallu myself.

He seemed friendly..why else would he talk to a complete stranger like me.  He talked about his work. He must be ever surrounded with female patients, I thought. 

In answer to his query where I was put up, I replied, "Well,quite close to movie stars, you know."

His ears perked up, now he was curious. "How far, where do they live?"
I quickly changed the topic. I really wasn't into filmi stuff then.

Suddenly he logged off, without even a bye.

How arrogant!
We had no interaction since then.
To add insult to injury, one day he unfriended me. 
It wasn't a good feeling, though I quickly got over it.

Months passed. One day chancing upon his name on a friend's post, I got back to his profile. Only to see a dark young man in the picture instead of the friend I had got to like.


A thought flashed through my mind. Checking out the net, I found my old friend back!

But he was a celebrity. I didn't know that. An upcoming malayalee actor then,now is a famous guy down south.
Prithviraj!

How embarrassing! 

I turned red as a beetroot. All this while I had been friends with a man who posed as an actor.
I laughed and laughed.

I'm now a movie buff.

Heavily into his movies.
Prithviraj's.

No comments:

Post a Comment